Aboriginal peoples have lived in the area now known as the Corangamite region for thousands of generations.
We acknowledge their Ancestors and Elders, past and present.
- We will integrate Aboriginal engagement and participation in the planning, governance, implementation and review of our programs and projects.
- Our people will be actively supported to engage Aboriginal communities and to build partnerships.
- Our Aboriginal engagement and participation approaches will be well planned, tailored, targeted and evaluated.
- We will provide respectful opportunities for Aboriginal people to contribute to strategies and initiatives.
- We will work transparently and respectfully with Aboriginal people, and establish clear roles and expectations.
- We will develop genuine and enduring partnerships.
The two Traditional Owners of the lands within the Corangamite Region are the Wadawurrung and Eastern Maar.